Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Thursday 29 August 2013

Eclipse ADT update does not work

Eclipse ADT update does not work

Problem:
I updated my android sdk to and I tried updating my adt via ecplise through
Help-> Check for updates.
This action results in the dialog that says -
'no updates found'
But my sdk says-
This android is SDK requires Android Development Kit 21.1.0 or above
  Current version is 21.1.0.v201212060256-543035.

Solution:
The fastest installation way I found to solve that a couple of days before, without deleting eclipse, or loosing any data/settings:

  • Go here download latest version of ADT-22.0.5.zip (*)
  • At Eclipse > Help > Install new software... > Uncheck Contact all update sites during install to find required software (last bottom preference) that will avoid any unwanted delays during install.
  • then at the same screen (top) Click Add > Archive > select downloaded ADT-X.X.X.zip > follow on screen installation steps
(*) Previous versions:


0 comments: